Friday, May 27, 2011

Say Goodbye...

My Office

Today, I say goodbye to my office.  I lucked out and got one of the better ones in our building.  It is built for two, but I was the only occupant for my tenure as Clinical Nursing Coordinator for 5 North JRB.  You can't tell from this picture, but I have a window that looks out onto a small patch of green space... something you don't get much of in a major urban medical center.

I will truly miss this office and the job I did.  I had some incredible staff members to work with and they made my job so easy.  Most of the time, I would do rounds on my patients and hear what a wonderful boss I must be, because the staff were so good to the patients.  I know that it is mostly the staff's work that got the accolades, but I can't help but say that it did make me proud to be their boss.

I plan on staying at Rush as a part-time staff nurse until August 7, 2013, my thirtyfifth anniversary of becoming a nurse, while completing my culinary education.  Beginning August 8, 2013 I will find some job in the culinary field, most likely running a catering business, and start my second career.  In the mean time, I am looking forward to giving my patients the best of what I have learned over thirtythree years.

No comments:

Post a Comment