Friday, July 6, 2012

Back at the range....

My Graduation Present from my
Family


It's been a long time since my last post.

I've since graduated with a Certificate in Professional Cookery from the esteemed Kendall College and I've begun building Wit's End Catering, Inc., with the help of Kathy, my beloved wife.

But one thing that I haven't done much is COOK!  As I have sat at the computer, developing and pricing menues, Kath has been doing all the cooking for us.  She is a great cook and the food has been wonderful, but please... I didn't spend a whole year doubting myself and getting hassled by chefs with 35 years of experience for nothing!

Tonight's Main Dish:   Chinese Jamaican Fusion Grilled Chicken... my own recipe.

Marinade:
Juice of two limes
Juice of one orange
1 Finely Minced Jalepeno
1 Finely Minced Small White Onion
5 Cloves of Garlic, Finely Minced
3 Tbsp chiffonade of Cilantro
3 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Chili Oil
1/3 to 1/2 cup Kikkoman Soy Sauce
6 or 7 Grinds of Black Pepper
1 1/2 tsp Chinese Spice Powder

Combine all of the above ingredients and marinated one cutup Fryer Chicken for 2 to 3 hours.

Grill chicken over medium coals for 45 to 50 minutes, turning every 7 minutes.

Meanwhile, bring leftover marinade to boil and add about 1/2 cup of honey.  Use as a baste the last 10 minutes of grilling, making sure you don't let the baste burn.

This is seriously good!!!




1 comment:

  1. sounds really good! and what a sexy looking knife btw. :)

    ReplyDelete